Wix email marketing service can be used as an add-on to any WIX website to send emails. It is very user-friendly and easy to use. You can use it to capture leads, perform automation, etc. It was formerly known as Wix Shoutout.
Important Note: Wix email marketing service is just for users of Wix, If you are using any other website builder, you should have a look at other email marketing services.
The email marketing services are now a part of Wix’s Ascend Plan. The ascend is a complete marketing & customer management suite that offers services like Seo tools, video maker, live chat, forms, coupons, invoices, etc. The lead capture feature of this suite is a powerful way to get all your contacts in one place, the feature is designed keeping in mind the ease of working for Wix users.
All the contacts that you collect using Wix websites through form submissions, eCommerce store orders etc. get stored in your Wix Ascend. You can then use these stored emails like a CRM to run and monitor your email campaigns. Like any other email marketing service out there, you can easily showcase new products, and new blogs, conduct surveys, automate your emails using Wix email marketing solutions, etc.
Here are a detailed analysis of Wix email marketing solutions along with their pros, cons, pricing, alternatives, etc. that we have tried to cover in this article.
We hope that you find all the answers you are looking for and are able to make an informed guess regarding whether you should go for the email marketing service offered by Wix or any other email tool. We will cover the following topics in this article –
- Why you should opt for Wix Ascend?
- Is Wix email marketing free? Free plan decoded
- Wix email marketing pricing plans – Ascend Pricing
- Ease of use
- Email Templates
- List Management
- Wix ascend Email Automation
- Wix ascend reporting
- Wix ascend subscription forms
- Wix email marketing vs MailChimp
- Other popular features offered by ascend
- Let’s conclude
Why you should opt for Wix Ascend?
If you are a Wix user, and you are looking for email marketing services here are the following reasons you should opt for Wix email marketing services –
- You have a Wix store or website and do not want a single place to store your contact data without complicating things. You can easily send product updates, transactional emails etc. using wix ascend
- You want your newsletter templates in sync with your Wix website’s design.
- You are just starting out and do not need complex automation etc, you’re looking for basic email reporting like opens, clicks, unsubscribes, etc.
- You already have too much on your plate and do not need one more tool to burden your already busy schedule
- You don’t want to use multiple tools for chat, email, website builder, video maker and want to ease things out. Ascend offers all these features and much more.
- You run limited campaigns monthly.
We want to point out that Wix email marketing offers all the basic email marketing features you are looking for. If you are an experienced email marketer and looking for pro-level complex automation workflows and reporting then ascend might not be the best choice for you. I will suggest you go for more advanced email newsletter tools out there.
Is Wix email marketing free? Free plan decoded
Wix offers a free plan for your email marketing needs! Yes, you heard it right when you sign up for Wix website builder you are automatically enrolled for the free plan.
You can send 5000 free emails per month every month which can be divided into 3 campaigns. When you compare the free plan to other email marketing services it is not that generous, but it is focused just for beginners with small lists. If you just send a handful of email campaigns every month, then Wix ascend is the right fit for you. As you grow so will your requirements and later you can either move to a more premium plan or opt for some other email marketing services.
Wix free plan summarised –
- 5000 Free emails every month
- 5k emails distributed among 3 email campaigns
- Wix branding in the bottom of your emails
We compiled a list of free email marketing services along with a detailed analysis what they have to offer in free plans.
Wix email marketing pricing plans – Ascend Pricing
Ascend offers 3 pricing plans, with an option to pay monthly, bi-yearly or yearly.
Monthly Plan –
- Basic – $12 Per Month
- Essential – $29 Per Month
- Unlimited – $59 Per Month
Yearly Plan –
- Basic – $10 Per Month
- Essential – $24 Per Month
- Unlimited – $49 Per Month
Let’s have a look at the pricing plans in detail –
|Campaigns per month||5||20||Unlimited|
|Emails per month||9,500||50,000||1,000,000|
|Remove wix ads||No||Yes||Yes|
|Forms||10 forms with unlimited fields||20 forms with unlimited fields||Unlimited forms|
|Automations||Upto 7 (Max 2 actions)||Upto 20 (Max 10 actions)||Unlimited (Max 10 actions)|
|Videos||5 per month||10 per month||15 per month|
|Recurring payment plan collection||5||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Personalised Chat box||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|social media||5 posts p/month||20 posts p/month||Unlimited|
For more details on Ascend pricing, you need to first sign up in your Wix account.
Note:- If you wish to pay upfront for 2 years you get 25% discount on monthly plans. All plans have a 14-day money-back guarantee, you don’t have to worry about losing your money with Wix.
We feel the Wix is reasonably priced when you compare it to other email marketing services.
Ease of use
If you are looking to use Wix ascend it is understood that you have previously had interaction with the Wix website builder. It is very easy to use and you can access ascend services from the same menu that you use to manage your website. In your Wix dashboard, in the header you will see a tab named “Manage” –> Business Tools, you will find a tab titled ‘Marketing & SEO’ –> ‘Email Marketing
If you have just started out with Wix, no worries it is still very easy to use and comprehend. Wix offers some of the most amazing email templates, you can either edit the existing template or design one from the scratch.
Email editor in ascend is smooth and is in accordance with the Wix site editor. You can easily change the images, add buttons, columns, video, logo, etc. Wix provides a competent drag and drops editor to design your email campaigns.
You can easily customize the templates to match your style, colors, fonts, and background.
One of the reasons people are drawn to Wix is its stunning designs whether in the website builder or email editor. Wix offers 26 email templates that you can choose from, there are other players that offer more than 100 email templates, but as we stated above Wix is best suited for beginners. We think as a beginner you can make the best out of the available templates. All the templates offered under the ascend suite are mobile responsive, the templates are simple & clean.
Here’s what you can do with existing templates –
- Share a blog post or send a newsletter
- Promote a workshop
- Give nutrition & lifestyle tips
- Send a business update
- Coming soon – sale or flash sale
- Share discounts & coupon codes
- Motivational videos
- Promote online sessions & events
For efficient email campaigns, list management is crucial. Wix makes it easy for you to bulk import your contacts using a CSV file or import the contacts by connecting your Gmail or any other email service. You can also add contacts manually.
The biggest advantage of using Wix ascend is it makes things simplified, you can easily integrate ascend into your Wix website. Unlike WP where you need to have separate plugins for chat, sign-up, etc. All your contacts are stored in a single place. Each contact is labeled to help you understand their origin, like “customer” or “contacted me”
You can also manually label your contacts for a better understanding of your list and send personalized campaigns. This feature can be very useful in segmenting your list and sending them targeted emails.
Let’s look at some example on how you can use this feature –
- Send welcome emails to new sign ups
- Send special discount coupons to cart abandoners
- Share latest blog post with your subscribers
- Upsale your product and educate your users about advantages of more premium plans
Wix does not support advanced segmenting methods like grouping your contact’s together other than labeling. You can add custom fields to your list, but again, these are pretty basic – your only options are to add text, number, date, and URL field types. Instead, it’s better to use Wix Forms to manage custom fields.
Now, most of you who have a basic idea about email marketing might be wondering if can you use Wix ascend for automation? YES !! but it’s basic.
To check out automation workflows Wix offers login to your Wix dashboard—> Click “Manage” in header —> Business Tools
Choose “Customer management” —> Automations
Below are some of the autoresponders offered by Wix –
You can set up autoresponders using Wix but they are basic in nature like welcome emails, invoice due reminders, thank you emails for form submissions, etc.
You can specify the time your autoresponders are sent like 1 day after the action is taken or immediately. You can also set up reminders or follow-up emails as well.
Since Wix offers only basic autoresponders you can refer to our article on autoresponders where you can find the right autoresponder tools according to your requirements –
Wix email marketing is for beginners we can’t emphasize this enough, the same can be confirmed when you look at the reporting options it offers –
- Total emails sent
- Open rates
- Click-through rate
- Undelivered emails
- Who opened, clicked, etc
It lack’s some of the advanced reporting features like heatmaps, geolocation, etc. but we think the reporting provided is more than adequate for running a successful email campaign.
Wix ascend subscription forms
To integrate forms you need to use a Wix forms app that you need to download from the Wix app marketplace. This form can easily be used to collect contacts and present the data in your Wix dashboard, which you can use for your targeted email campaigns.
If you are going for a free plan then you get all the basic fields like name, phone number, email, etc. if you want to add advanced fields like file upload or a signature field you need to opt for a premium plan.
Wix email marketing vs MailChimp
As we have mentioned that Wix email marketing has its limitations. Let’s explore some other email marketing tools and see how Wix performs against them. Since Mailchimp owns the majority of the email marketing market it only makes sense that we compare Wix email marketing to MailChimp.
But since Mailchimp is an all-in-one email marketing tool, we all know who is going to win this battle, so let’s not get too judgy. So let’s pit Wix email marketing vs Mailchimp.
|Feature||Wix Email Marketing (Ascend)||Mailchimp|
|Drag n drop editor||Yes||Yes|
|Email Automation||Yes basic||Advanced|
|Spam and design testing||No||Design only|
|Social media integration||Yes||Yes|
Popular Wix Alternatives
- SendinBlue – 9000 Free Emails/ Mo | Review | Pricing | Alternatives | Coupon
- Constant Contact | 10,000 Free Emails/Mo | Review| Pricing| Alternatives | Coupon
- Moosend | UNLIMITED FREE EMAILS TO 1000 Subscribers
- Elastic Email – UNLIMITED EMAILS to 5,000 Contacts for $ 15 | Review
- Mailer Lite – 12000 free emails monthly
- Omnisend – 15000 free emails monthly
- PepiPost – Send 150,000 emails for just $25
- Aweber – Unlimited emails to 500 subscribers
- Benchmark Email – 250 free emails every month
- Active Campaign
Other popular features offered by ascend
Ascend is not limited to email marketing, it has a stack of all the marketing tools you need to grow your business. Let’s have a look at what other tools Wix ascend has to offer –
- Languages: Wix ascend is available in multiple languages
- Support: As a Wix ascend user you get access to their knowledge base, if you are on an unlimited plan you get priority support via Phone
- Autoresponders: You get access to basic pre-defined autoresponders
- Videos: You get access to video maker for youtube and social media.
- Chat: With Wix ascend you can add a live chat to your website which you can easily access on the go via phone as well
- Social Media: You can integrate your social media accounts and post to various platforms using your Wix dashboard. You get access to Wix’s social media templates that you can easily edit for your own use
- Payments: You can easily accept payments for your orders, also set up recurring payments
If you are a Wix user and looking for some basic email marketing features, have a small list, and just starting out, Ascend is the right tool for you. But if you are looking for some advanced features like A/B testing, heatmaps, geo-location targeting, advanced segmentation, etc. We will not recommend opting for Wix.
Wix is right for you if you want a single platform to manage your Website & email marketing, it seamlessly integrates both and you can track your campaigns inside the Wix dashboard.